Monday, February 3, 2014

Story Ideas

                  Upon reading ‘Journalist Takes to Sledding; Brings Home Tips and Tricks,by Quinn Brenneke on Goshen Commons, I started thinking of looking at the snow story under a different light. My first thought: interview the guys who drive the plow trucks and clear the roads for us. What was their experience? Did they have to do overtime on the extra-snowy days? Was it dangerous?

            I read a few ‘Life After Goshen’ features like ‘To Hollywood Through Goshen: Monica Sherer’ and ‘Monkey See, Monkey Mind Controls Arm’ (which was super cool!). out of these I thought: What about a Goshen grads that stayed here? What is the “just-graduated young adults” crowd like here? How are they using (or not using) their degrees to make Goshen a better place or to just make ends meet?


            I’m leaning toward the first one. I think that would be really interesting if thy are still plowing a few weeks from now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment